Code for Philly Data Pipeline
We're building a data pipeline + dashboard for Code for Philly data!
The pipeline has two major goals:
- make it easier for community members to track active projects.
- serve as a template for other projects.
Code for Philly (CfP) is a place where volunteers and non-profit organizations collaborate on projects. Since its founding in 2012, it’s seen a lot of activity:
- community slack with 3,000+ members.
- codeforphilly.org listing 246 projects.
- github.com/CodeForPhilly with 113 repos.
However, as CfP has grown, it’s become increasingly difficult for volunteers to find active projects to join, and for CfP leadership to keep track of progress across projects.
- Engineers to help build and explore pipeline tools (e.g. with airflow).
- Data scientists / analysts to help with the dashboard and reporting.
- Product managers / UX researchers to ensure it's useful to CfP members and projects.
Don't fit the above? Join the slack channel, and we'll find something in the project for you!