Heatmapping crime around stuff
Note: this project is heavy on data manipulation and coding.
I set up demo to see if PostGIS could pull crimes that are nearest Septa regional rail stations and heat map them with Leaflet and heatmap.js. It went a little viral indicating a demand for stuff like this:
and trashed by philebrity for having no context what so ever.
- finish the Septa stops of buses and subway stops
- heat map the change in crime over time
- heatmap schools in the district where the most crime happens during school dismissal hours
- get data on whether it's true that more crime happens near methadone clinics vs 7 elevens(this was an actual argument last year in NE Philly)
- choose direction, flesh it all out
- This is project is pretty heavy programming. An experienced php/PostGRE developer