Opioid Data Hackathon
What is the hack?
Code for Philly, DataPhilly, R Ladies Philly, the Philly Data Jawn, Health Federation of Philadelphia, and Prevention Point are hosting a data science hackathon to answer pertinent questions around the Opioid Crisis in Philadelphia. The goals of this event are to provide health organizations with insights that may normally be unavailable to them and to create analyses that help inform the public about the opioid epidemic in our city.
Hackathon planners have been working with our partners to identify and clean relevant datasets that would be helpful in answering these broader questions:
- Can we visualize current capacity for Medication Assisted Interventions in Philadelphia to streamline referrals?
- What have been the effects of granting citizens access to Narcan?
- How many IV drug users are in Philadelphia?
How will it work?
The hack is slated to begin on Friday February 7, 2020 with a kickoff event. Partner organizations will present what their group does and why these questions are relevant to them. The next day, participants will have several hours to form their team, consider the questions, and devise a plan to conduct their relevant analysis. Over the next five weeks, these teams will work on their analyses and write their presentations.
- Feb 7, 2020 (Friday): Partner presentation night
- Feb 8, 2020 (Saturday): First hack day
- Feb 11, 2020 (Tuesday): Code for Philly Hack Night
- Feb 18, 2020 (Tuesday): Code for Philly Hack Night
- Feb 25, 2020 (Tuesday): Code for Philly Hack Night
- March 3, 2020 (Tuesday): Code for Philly Hack Night
- March 10, 2020 (Tuesday): Code for Philly Hack Night
- March 17, 2020 (Tuesday): Presentation night
Participants are not required to attend all events - hack nights are there for teams to have a space and time to regroup. Some hack nights will also have valuable workshops designed to help teams with their analysis and final presentations. In order to give each team a sufficient amount of time on presentation night, there will be no more than 12 teams. Each team is allowed to have as many members as they want.
How do I sign up?
Get your ticket to participate on Eventbrite now!