- Users' URL
- Developers' URL
A collaborative space for Philadelphia's civic developers
The site you're looking at right now
- Improve checkin/checkout workflow - DONE
- Make checkins automatically expire after 3 hrs inactivity - DONE
- Make updates editable by their author - DONE
- Create separate auto-complete fields when editing a project or member profile for tech and topic tags
- Improve registration workflow
- Implement "how to get started" workflow / flowchart
- Incorporate project updates into homepage
- Global and in-project requests board
- Restore rich markdown editor for project README
- Implement member mentions in markdown
- Somehow index mentions and send alerts?
- Add twitter field to profiles
- On the "Mission" page, fix the browser tab title text so it reads "Mission" instead of "How to Help"
- Create project issues tracking system:
- Every "to do" (aka task) should have a unique ID #
- Users should be able to assign themselves to a task
- Each task should have a status like not-started, in-progress, complete
- Users should be able to rank and display rank in priority order
- Each task should enable people to comment on the task (Up to X number of comments until its likely we'll crash Chris' server!)
- Improve member's ability to comment and collaborate on projects.
- Give members a means to suggest, comment, and +1 new project ideas.
- Move the “Tools” top menu header under the “Members” menu header. This will help streamline the top header. All the links under Tools are related to member activities and don’t relate to all users.
- Update the “How to help” page. Ideas for improvement could include:
- Add a ‘call to action’ button on this page!!!!!! Users should have a practical next step for how to get involved. Perhaps a link to the “go register now!” registration workflow?
- Reduce the total amount of text
- Better “section” / sub-title the content
- Provide active links to current, related projects so users can quickly associate a high level contribution opportunity to a specific project.
- On the Home page, Mission page, and Projects page include a “get started now” button. This button would take users to either the http://www.codeforphilly.com/register page or a new intermediate splash page.
- Enhance the “Register” page
- Add content to give users context as to:
- Why they should register?
- What will they “get” once they register?
- Will I get spammed? Is there a periodic newsletter?
- What if I just want to receive the newsletter?
You can now edit and delete project updates after you've posted them!
No more posting follow-ups to correct mistakes and no more excuses for sloppy markdown ;-)
The project editing and update editing forms are both equipped with EpicEditor now for easier markdown editing and preview
Posted on Tue Mar 4 19:11:16 2014 by Chris Alfano
Hello to all Code for Philly People. Here are some mockups of a design for the Code for Philly logo. I would like feedback when able.
Posted on Tue Oct 8 19:51:42 2013 by Karin Brown
Some great updates tonight!
@ryon55 cleaned up the CSS for the sidebars and activity on the home page, and gave the members page some much-needed love
I implemented the bootstrap-tagsinput widget on the edit profile page and edit project page so that you can tag yourself and your projects with tech:* and topic:* tags that link to the home page sidebar
Posted on Wed Aug 21 22:25:38 2013 by Chris Alfano
New homepage design launched! Now featuring project updates front-and-center, a tag-based directory for members and projects, and a new checkin system based on events and projects that you don't have to remember to check out of!
Posted on Tue Aug 13 23:13:12 2013 by Chris Alfano
Mockup up a new homepage concept: https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/22383/118162/7nlin1yvd5nhxwk/codeforphilly%20mockup.pdf
Posted on Tue Jun 11 18:01:40 2013 by Chris Alfano
Added List of Projects Member is assigned to on Member page
Posted on Tue Apr 2 19:50:29 2013 by Tariq Hook
Twitter field added to profiles
Posted on Tue Apr 2 19:04:16 2013 by Tariq Hook
Project pages use a lot more bootstrap now -- forms are hidden behind menu-accessible modals and everything has responsive grid layout + proper structures
Posted on Fri Mar 22 00:56:10 2013 by Chris Alfano
Some recent minor changes:
- Created checkout-all tool for admins
- Moved navbar source to unified site.tpl and cleaned up formatting
- Checked-in people on homepage now have mouseover tooltips with their names
- Homepage now features latest member, next meetup, and CfA pitch
- Default avatar is liberty bell now
Posted on Fri Mar 1 13:11:15 2013 by Chris Alfano
Project updates now have permalinks and their own tweet feed + link
Posted on Sun Feb 24 12:34:34 2013 by Chris Alfano
- Project updates
- Staff can remove project members
- Staff can reassign project maintainer
- Home page uses main site template
- Server-side markdown rendering
Posted on Sat Feb 23 21:52:08 2013 by Chris Alfano