250 Miles Crossing Philadelphia
Short description of project
'250 Miles Crossing Philadelphia' will be a location based film in Google Earth: a NavDoc (Navigation Documentary) This NavDoc will consist of synchronized sound recordings and GPS tracks.
We aim to produce a film of 25-40 minutes and an interactive on line presentation of the work.
Examples of our approach can be found on: http://www.polakvanbekkum.com/done/routes-and-landscapes/google-earth-animations/
These examples are now presented as vimeo films, but we plan to present the film online as kml/kmz file directly running in Google Earth via the Google Earth api.
To build the animations, we use our own custom made software. It was changed over time, as it was used for different projects. The latest version of the software can import GPS data, edit it to a certain level, and export kml files that are able to make a animated visualization in Google Earth.
At this moment the software is written in .net framework and runs in Windows. We are looking for team members to help us create/adjusting software for the new project. We are also looking for team members that can work on the front end (interactive website) of the project.
- Streamline the editing options for GPS tracks
- Streamline camera movements and the building and positioning of 3D objects in Google Earth.
- Development of the synchronization of the audio and gps.
- Development of a clear interface for visitors of the project online, so that they can (to a certain level) interact with the map and routes that are part of the project.
- Experience with GIS and/or location based data is helpful.
- Experience within the arts is not required.
- Modest but professional fee.
- great work environment at the maker space 'Department of Making and Doing'
More info on the project and artists:
for contact: Esther Polak/Ivar van Bekkum email@example.com
We organize an informal "Meet & Greet" event on May 29 17:30 and the University City Science Center 3711 MarketStreet, feel welcome to join us for drinks.
Project ActivityThis project doesn't have any activity yet, post an update or log some buzz!