All the work that was done this weekend at the Democracy Hackathon distributed across several repos.
- This is the core of the new iteration of councilmatic. It is the basis on which chicago.councilmatic.org and nyc.councilmatic.org are built. It uses the OpenCivicData format to pull in information.
- This is a version of the OCD API that's set up and ready to be deployed. It has the Philadelphia City Council District shape data included.
- This is the Django app that serves as the OCD API server.
https://github.com/mjumbewu/philly-councilmatic (branch phl-councilmatic-3)
- This is a fork of the councilmatic-starter-template project. So far, only cosmetic aspects have been configured — setting up the names of things in Philadelphia, adding a liberty bell, etc.
- This is intended to be the starting point for a new councilmatic instance. We made a few changes that we should submit as pull requests upstream. When configuring the philly-councilmatic project, if there's something that all new instances would benefit from, a change should be made in this starter project and pulled into Philly.
Documentation & Resources:
- http://ocd.datamade.us/jurisdictions/ (one of the many endpoints in the server)