As a volunteer organization, Code for Philly has ambitious plans with substantial opportunity for growth. Executing on that vision in a sustainable manner requires well-rounded and robust talent, at all levels of brigade leadership. Effective today, I’m extremely excited to announce that Toni McIntyre has accepted the open Code for Philly Co-Director role.
As Co-Director, Toni joins me in jointly leading the Code for Philly brigade. Key responsibilities of the Co-Directors include:
- Define mission and vision for Code for Philly (CfP)
- Recruit new organizing team volunteers
- Manage and lead organizing team to deliver brigade goals
- Manage brigade finances & fundraising activities
- Ensure success and provide support for all CfP programming, volunteering, events and other activities
- Build relationships with government, non-profit, and civic partners
- Own and define CfP’s brand
To date, Toni has held Code for Philly’s Communications Co-Lead role, focusing on Content Strategy. For the short-term, Toni will still own her Comms Co-Lead responsibilities. I think that alone speaks volumes to Toni’s commitment and skill-set.
Toni came to Code for Philly following her tenure as a Digital Transformation Fellow with the City of Philadelphia, where she worked on a team of content strategists who audited phila.gov. Prior to that she spent four years as a copywriter, putting time in at a number of notable Philadelphia advertising agencies. She received her B.F.A. from the University of the Arts and her M.F.A. in Creative Writing from American University.
She’s a MontCo native and spends her free time learning more code, arguing about hockey, and taking photos of her cat.
Welcome aboard Toni, I’m excited to work with you.