Code for Philly,
We have multiple Leadership positions open on our Organizing Team. If you’re looking for a high-value means of contributing towards the growth of our community, check out these open positions. Code for Philly’s greatest opportunities lie ahead of us. We need you to help shape the future and make it a reality. To apply, please submit your application here.
We give particular consideration to applicants from underrepresented and marginalized groups. You do not need to be a Code for Philly regular. Other than perhaps the Projects Co-Lead roles, coding experience isn’t required. Instead, you should have a demonstrable interest in improving civic outcomes and at least some interest in technology. You should be able to think creatively about civic and strategic issues.
All Organizing Team members are volunteer positions with a common set of expectations.
- Willing and able to provide approximately 2-4 hours of time commitment per week
- Commit to attending / supporting at least 1 CfP event per month
- Commit to joining a half-hour, in person organizing team huddle once per week (Monday evenings)
- Commit to participating in organizing team workshop / deep dive sessions
- Collective support for each other on the organizing team
- Support large scale, special Code for Philly events (eg Civic Engagement Launchpad, other hackathons, etc)
- Passionate about civic tech, open data, gov’t efficiency / effectiveness
- Commit to acting by and upholding CfP and CfA’s code of conduct
- Able to support 1 year of service within role ….. with option to “renew” or take on new responsibilities
Projects Co-Lead, Solutions Advisor
Role(s) Mission: Support CfP members and community partners to volunteer towards impactful, thriving projects. Making projects successful requires a mix of soft and hard skills - including helping to recruit volunteer contributors and offering advice on the most appropriate hosting service. While flexible depending on personnel, we’re recommending one Project Lead focus on Program Management while the other on Technical Solutions and Architecture.
- Support the discovery, development, deployment of high-impact projects that are open source, not for profit, and civic-minded / public-benefiting
- Support project team’s identify volunteer talent needs, and assist teams to recruit for volunteer talent
- Welcome new community members. Find ways for members to get involved and take volunteer action.
- Improve projects’ sustainability, efficiency, effectiveness
- Actively participate and/or lead in Code for Philly working groups such as the website group, civic research group, and user testing team group
Projects Co-Lead Solutions Advisor, Responsibilities
- Offer and connect technical solution expertise to CfP project teams
- Identify and recommend new technology (infrastructure or software) for Code for Philly volunteer project teams
- Promote “fork and reuse” of existing open source software
- Partner with the Code for Philly System Ops Working Group to deliver and promote use of civic cloud infrastructure and hosting services
Communications Co-Lead, Content Strategy
Role Mission: Keep the CfP community up to date and informed about events, project wins, and civic tech news by leveraging existing content channels while ensuring all content is aligned with CfP’s content guidelines.
- Write and publish brigade announcements, upcoming events marketing and announcements
- Own the Marketing and Communications Master Calendar
- Own our community member email program content grooming, editing and publishing
- Serve as Editor in Chief / Content Advisor for all of the Organizing Team Research, write, publish blog posts about active projects, recent ‘wins’, etc
- Support & publish educational content for our community across our website, video, event presentations, etc
Finance & Fundraising Lead
Role Mission: Help Code for Philly build and maintain a robust, steady financial footing to sustainably serve our community and support our volunteers
- Update and maintain fundraising prospectus
- Actively identify potential grant & sponsorship opportunities
- Lead any grant applications and ongoing management
- Manage Code for Philly financial budget (actuals and future projections) - along with Co-Directors
- Coordinate expense reimbursements between leadership team and our fiscal sponsor
Note: Previous fundraising experience is nice but absolutely not required.
Ready to rock? To apply, please submit your application here.